Protecting the places you love
Travelling is a way of life! We travel for recreation, to meet new cultures or just to recharge our batteries. The travel sector is one of the world’s largest industries and creates amazing value to people across the globe. However, tourism can have an unsustainable impact on the environment. At Europe Incoming, we do our very best to protect the places we love at the same time as we share all the treasures Europe has to offer.
- Giving away, to those who are in need, items that we no longer use such as computers, printers etc.
- Avoiding paper work as much as possible, by fully utilizing the IT infrastructure provide by the company such as sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- We save energy by installing low energy light bulbs and electronic gadgets throughout and ensuring that IT & Electrical appliances are shut down after work or when not in use. AC and heating systems are used efficiently and turned off/down outside of hours.
- Reusing waste paper (from the printer) whenever possible by making use of the back side for notes or rough papers. etc.
- Purchasing products made with recycled paper. Such as paper towels, printer paper
- Purchasing environmental friendly rated products such as safe soaps and detergents.
- Recycling of waste, conforming to the local council guidelines.
- We encourage the use of low impact transport for travel to and from work or business travel. The majority of our staff use public transport to attend meetings.
- We always avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing/virtual lobbies and telephone and email.
Most of the carbon emissions in tourism come from transport. The most environmentally friendly types of travel are with ferries, coaches and trains. At EI we design tours that primarily use these modes of transport.
We make sure our coach company partners can demonstrate compliance with regulations and work actively to control and reduce emissions from their vehicle fleet.
- Recycling of waste where possible within the coach.
- Disposal and recycling of oil and other fluids.
- Discharge of chemical toilets at approved places.
- Instructing drivers not to run engines unnecessarily.
- Using driver management systems which enables the coach company to measure, improve and sustain safe and fuel-efficient driving behaviour.
- Ensuring all vehicles meet emissions standards across Europe, for example: Transport for London’s Low Emission Zone standards.
- Full compliance with all Euro 6 standards.
- Reduction of water consumption from vehicle cleaning operations.
Accommodation & Restaurants
The hotels, hostels and restaurants we work with adopt a variety of environmental policies, all with the same goal:
- Waste reduction
- Environmentally friendly waste disposal
- Energy efficiency
- Sourcing environmentally friendly products
- Using responsibly produced food
Certifications: Nordic ecolabel, EU Ecolabel, Green Globe, Green Engage System (IHG), WeCare (Nordic Choice)
Keep in touch
Sign up to our newsletter to hear about our latest deals and offers